Sunday, April 29, 2012

Top 9!

As of today I am in the single digits for my time left in Dijon, France. So in honor of my 9 days left, I present to you:

Top 9 Things I am Most Excited for in the US:
Family
Friends
Sox/Pats/B’s/C’s
Iced coffee (Dunkin’ AND Wawa!)
Georgetown Cupcakes
Clothes/shoes not being outrageously priced
Mexican food
Significantly less smoking in public places
Singing in my car

Top 9 Things I Will Miss Most about France:
Friends I’ve made here
Fresh baguette/boulangeries
Being able to walk everywhere
SNCF/trains
Café culture
My students
My cool bank card with the European chip
Kinder/Haribo candy
Use of the 24 hour clock


Of course there are so many other amazing things I have to look forward to in the US, and just as amazing things that will be difficult to leave in France; but, one of the things I am most pleased about is the sense of balance I have gained this year in being able to love both countries equally.  When I say it's bittersweet to leave I truly mean it- in the best way possible!


Love for the Stars & Stripes and Le tricolore :)
(I took this in Nice, France)


Word of the Post: neuf -- nine

No comments:

Post a Comment