Friday, November 4, 2011

Le bonheur

Today while browsing the web I came across this:




Simple? Yes.  Easy to do? Not always.

As I'm in a post-grad but pre-career limbo it's challenging to decide on "what I want to do with the rest of my life".  I am so lucky and grateful that I can use this experience abroad to truly figure out what I want to accomplish in the future both personally and professionally- essentially what will make me happy.

So with this being my birthday weekend, I decided to finally treat myself to my first French pastry since arriving here. (Would you believe I still have yet to eat a crêpe?!)  Anyway, it was called a 'religieuse au chocolat' and it was delicious!  Here's what it looked like:
(similar to an eclair)

Sometimes you just need to do little things, like eating a pastry, to remind yourself that you and your happiness are worth it!


What will you do today that makes you happy? :)


Word of the Post:  le bonheur -- happiness

2 comments:

  1. That chocolat could easily be my religion.....lol! But this post is hitting the nail on the head for so many reasons! We all need to take care of ourselves and make our happiness a priority! Thnx for the reminder!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yesssss so much agreement :) even if I don't practice what I preach ;) <3

    ReplyDelete