Wednesday, September 21, 2011

And so it begins...

As many of you know, I will be spending the next eight months in Dijon, France.  When I studied abroad in Paris (Fall 2009) I kept a personal journal but for this time around I have decided to try blogging.  Here I will share the ups and downs of my life as an English teaching assistant in a French high school.  I'm also excited to explore and post about the major differences in French and American culture as well as the differences of Dijon and Paris!

My luggage is 90% packed (2 suitcases, 1 tote, and 1 duffle) and I am making copies of all the paperwork I'll need once I'm across the pond.  I'm one of the lucky assistants to have already found housing (a studio apartment in the city) with a fabulous (British!!) landlady.  My landlady has been so helpful in the few days we have spent exchanging e-mails that I'm confident she will be a great resource during my time in Dijon.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous but I am eager to see what these next months bring!  I have been reading up on all that Dijon offers and I cannot wait to take full advantage of it!


To Do:
-Fly to CDG Paris (direct flight-- lucky me!)
-Find/take shuttle to Gare de Lyon (train station)
-Take TGV train to Dijon
-Contact landlady from train station
-Move in to my studio!

...now that doesn't seem too bad but I'm positive that some good stories will come out of it! (Let's be real: yours truly attempting to get 4 pieces of luggage onto a train....it's comical just thinking about it!)

So, here's to my first attempt at blogging, my first attempt in the "real world", and my first attempt at living on my own....in France!


Here's a map of France:

2 comments:

  1. Diana!
    I am SO excited for you! You are going to have a fantastic time, learn so much about life in France as well as life in general, and I'm sure you'll meet some wonderful people! I hope you truly enjoy your experience. You are an amazing person. :)

    Love,
    Meg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweetie, I have no idea how I did this but here I am and I'm the flower picture on your blog.Anyway, you have a wonderful time and God bless. Will be following you. Love and kisses,oh and I almost forgot a pinch, AP

    ReplyDelete